Student Support (SEND)
- Brooklands School SEND Information Report 2020.pdf
- SEND Policy January 2020.pdf
- The Special Educational Needs Team at Brooklands Middle consists of a SENDCo.docx
- Covid 19 and SEN (update to SEN Information Report) April 2020.docx
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and resources for parent carers.pdf
- South CBC Support services directory re Coronavirus.docx
- Updates to Education and Health Care Plans
Our SEN Department works with children of all abilities and conditions. We strive to include parents and students in decisions that we take about their learning and any additional support we put into place.
The department is based in "Reach Up", our nurture base, where all our interventions take place.
Interventions that we deliver include:
* 1:1 support for children with an EHCP
* Literacy and spelling programmes such as SNIP and IDL
* Motor skills programmes such as sensory circuits, Speed Up and handwriting practice
* Social skills
* Lego therapy
* 1:1 SEMH coaching
* Volcano in My Tummy (anger management)
* Touch typing (key board skills)
* Toe By Toe
* Vocabulary Mats for pre-teaching
* Transition support between schools
* 1:1 and group work around diagnosed conditions
You can contact our SENDco, Mrs Gayle Raybould, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01525 372018.